Charnwood Roots Heritage Festival
Join us for the Charnwood Roots Heritage Festival on Sunday 21st May, 10am – 4pm.
To celebrate the history of Charnwood Forest and Loughborough, we will be staging a free heritage event at Beaumanor Hall on Sunday 21st May, 10am – 4pm.
Whether you are interested in Charnwood’s history or just want a great family day out, why not come along and
- Tour the exhibition Stories of the Stone Wood: A Thousand Years of Charnwood Life which tells the fascinating stories of Charnwood’s residents over the past thousand years
- See documents and artefacts discovered during the project
- Entertain the children with adventure games, outdoor fun, sand pit digs and dressing-up, all based around the exciting history of Charnwood Forest
- Hear talks from expert speakers about new research carried out during the project (tickets must be pre-booked via Eventbrite)
- Meet our volunteers and many local history and archaeology groups – find our how you can get involved in heritage
- Hear the first modern public performance of a song written about Charnwood in the 18th Century, performed by members of the Grand Union Folk Club
- Bring along artefacts you have discovered in your garden for identification
- See living history, archaeological illustration, films and much more!